As you design the deck of your dreams, the most critical decision is what material to use for the boards. The two most common choices are pressure-treated wood and composite decking. If beautiful aesthetics and long-lasting durability are important to you, composite decking might be the right choice. Total Remodeling Systems can install the product color and finish you want to create the perfect look for your backyard oasis.
View some of our past projects in our composite deck gallery. Then, call us at 1-877-309-8445 to request a deck installation estimate in VA, MD, or WV.
What is Composite Decking?
Composite decking is a manufactured material comprised primarily of wood and plastic. The product is shaped and molded into boards that resemble the color and texture of real wood. Rest assured that composite decking is non-toxic and safe for children and pets. It’s also an eco-friendly choice because the boards contain less wood, last up to 30 years, and may be recyclable at the end of their life span.
Benefits of Composite Decking
Homeowners have many reasons to install a composite deck instead of a traditional wood one. Consider the many benefits this versatile material provides:
- Stunning aesthetics: If you shopped for composite decking a few decades ago, you might have been underwhelmed by the artificial plastic look. Today’s products are much different. Varied designs and randomized embossed grain patterns more closely resemble the look and feel of real wood than early composite decking.
- Low maintenance: Everyone wants the look of a real wood deck, but no one wants to maintain it. The striking good looks of composite decking coupled with virtually zero maintenance let you enjoy the best of both worlds. Simply sweep debris from the deck and hose it down occasionally to remove dirt and keep the boards looking like new.
- Moisture resistance: The biggest problem with wood decking is that it readily absorbs water. Without routine staining, painting, or sealing, wood decks are prone to deterioration. In contrast, the plastic elements of composite decking make it fully moisture-resistant to the core. As a result, this material can be installed in harsh, high-moisture conditions, even coming in direct contact with soil without degrading.
- Long life span: While early products were uncapped, modern composite decking is encapsulated with a protective polymer layer. Fused to the core during manufacturing, this cap makes composite decking reversible and highly resistant to rotting, fading, staining, splintering, and warping.
- Cost-effectiveness: Composite decking is often more expensive to install than wood decks, but the investment pays for itself within two to three years. With little to no maintenance costs and a lifespan many years longer than pressure-treated wood, it pays to install a composite deck.
Why Choose Total Remodeling Systems to Install Your Composite Deck?
Whether you’re putting in a new deck or looking to replace an old, rotten one, Total Remodeling Systems is the right fit for the job. We would be pleased to install a composite deck proven to exceed your expectations for decades to come. Choose from several industry-leading brands, including Trex®, TimberTech, and Four Seasons’ DryShield®. Our team provides complimentary consultations and estimates, so you can get started risk-free.
Schedule Composite Deck Installation in VA, MD & WV
The best deck installation experience combines high-quality products with exceptional customer service. Total Remodeling Systems is proud to offer both, ensuring your complete satisfaction and a job well done the first time around.
Contact us today at 1-877-309-8445 to learn more about our deck products and services. We have proudly served homeowners throughout Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland since 2006.