Deck Repair & Restoration Services
Have the elements taken a toll on your backyard deck? Once stable and beautiful, the wood may now be warped, splintered, faded, or rotten. Exposure to damaging moisture, UV rays, and hungry insects causes deterioration over the years, especially if you don’t have a composite or pressure-treated wood deck.
Don’t worry—Total Remodeling Systems can repair damaged or unstable decks. And if we determine that we can’t fix your deck cost-effectively, we may recommend replacing it. We repair and install pressure-treated wood and composite decking in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and the DC metro area, so turn to us for all your deck service needs!
Call us at 1-877-309-8445 to request a deck repair estimate today.
Our Deck Repair Services
What problems have you noticed with your deck lately? Call Total Remodeling Systems for the following deck repair services:
- Deck resurfacing: Unless properly treated and maintained, wood decks rot, split, and fade when exposed to the elements. Scratches and dents also affect your deck’s appearance. We can sand, pressure wash, seal, and stain your deck to give it a new lease on life.
- Board replacement: Warped, rotted, or otherwise damaged boards make your deck less functional. We can replace individual boards, matching the existing wood as closely as possible for flawless results.
- Railing replacement: Handrails and railings are among the most vulnerable parts of your deck. If they are degrading, we can remove and replace them to improve safety and aesthetics.
- Step replacement: Stairs often experience more wear and tear than other deck components. We can replace individual steps that have become warped and unsafe.
- Deck post replacement: The vertical posts beneath your deck are subject to insect and water damage. If any of your posts have rotted, our deck repair team can replace them to restore structural stability.
When to Repair vs. Replace Your Deck
Your goal may be to save your existing deck, but a replacement could be advantageous for many reasons. After all, modern pressure-treated wood and composite decks are beautiful, durable, and low-maintenance. Here are some factors to help you decide if it’s time to upgrade your deck:
- Age of the deck: While your deck’s life span depends on many factors, untreated wood typically lasts no longer than 20 years. A replacement could be a better option than paying for a repair if your deck is approaching this milestone.
- Cost of the repair: When a deck repair estimate exceeds 50% of the replacement cost, consider replacing the whole thing, especially if the deck is several years old.
- The extent of the damage: A single rotted post may not justify the cost of a new deck. However, every post could be rotten if they’re buried in the soil rather than resting on footers, making the deck structurally unsound. In this case, a replacement deck might make more sense.
- Location of the damage: Where your deck is damaged matters just as much as how it’s damaged. For instance, repairing rotten beams and joists typically requires large sections of the deck to be removed. And if you find moisture trapped behind the fascia boards, this means water has probably damaged the entire length of the beam. In these examples, you’re probably better off replacing your deck instead of repairing it.
Schedule Deck Repair in VA, MD & WV
Whether you need to resurface your deck or you decide to replace the whole thing, Total Remodeling Systems has you covered. We have access to today’s highest-quality products and follow a proven process that ensures we’ll exceed your expectations.
To request a deck repair estimate or for questions about our deck installation services, please give us a call at 1-877-309-8445 or contact us online today.